PackAssistant enables the user to handle different types of packaging explained in the following sections.
The parts can be imported in either of the formats JT (*.jt), STEP (*.stp, *.step), IGES (*.igs, *.iges), VRML (*.wrl) and STL (*.stl).
In addition, parameters for customer-specific packing solutions are available:
- Possibility to select the minimum distance between parts, the container base and walls, compartments.
- Adherence to the maximum load of the container.
- In order to facilitate the stability of the container, it is possible to define stable positions for the parts.
- Compute the minimum volume box of a single part.
- Automatic choice of an appropriate container from a list.